At The Midwives Childbirth Services we believe education and encouraging personal choices is one of the most important parts of our commitment to you.
We offer a wide range of care from multiple methods and traditions. We will offer any and all testing that would be offered to you if you were seeing an obstetrician.
Prenatal visits include...
* Lots of talking. Communication is very important!! This is our time to get to know one another and develop a bond that will hopefully last a lifetime.
* Maternal and fetal vital signs
* Measuring your baby's growth and position
* Any necessary lab work
* Labor and Birth Attendance
* Waterbirth Tub Rentals (Optional)
* Emergency Equipment and Supplies
* Your Birth Plan
* Delayed delivery of placenta and cord clamping
* Repair of Lacerations
* Immediate Newborn Medications Offered
* Complete Newborn Exam
* Birth Tub tear down and complete cleaning of the area
* Breastfeeding Assistance
* Newborn and Postpartum Education
Our support for your journey does not end when your baby is born. We will visit you at your home or other location of choice between 24-48 hours after your birth and again at 4-5 days.
We will see you again in our office at approximately 2 and 6 weeks postpartum, and more if needed or desired by you.
In these visits we will be checking you and your baby for any problems and supporting and educating you about breastfeeding, newborn safety and care.
Postpartum visits include:
* Check Mom and baby's vitals
* Newborn check
* Newborn Screen
* Breastfeeding Support
* Emotional / educational support as needed
BE SURE TO ASK US ABOUT:
Breastfeeding Education and Support
Pregnancy Yoga Classes
Well Woman Care / Annual Exams
Childbirth and Newborn Education